Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle - Location:
Located in the heart of Golden Triangle on elevated grounds along a hillside, the Camp commands majestic views of the Thai jungle, Burma across the Ruak River and mountains of Laos in the northeast. From the moment of your arrival at Chiang Rai, a magical journey begins.
- Guests arriving by commercial or private aircraft at Chiang Rai International Airport are greeted by Four Seasons guides who escort them to a waiting air-conditioned vehicle, where they are offered cold face towels and chilled mineral water.
- The 75-minute drive wends down a quiet road, through a village and across rice fields, ending at the West Post, which is a small dock and sala (covered veranda).
- There, the Four Seasons Camp Host greets guests, and then escorts them on the second part of their journey.
- Guests may be taken on a magical 20-minute ride downriver, lounging on cushions in a traditional long tail boat while the Camp Host introduces them to the area with a brief history of the Golden Triangle, highlights of the short boat ride and other interesting local snippets. Alternatively, they may arrive by four-wheel-drive vehicle after a short trek through the jungle.
- At the camp pier, guests are welcomed by the Camp Manager, offered refreshments, checked in and introduced to the Camp.
- Guests take a stroll to their tents along a verdant, fern-abundant pathway with dramatic views of the jungle, river, and Burma beyond, just across the river.
Chiang Rai International Airport
75 min (flight)
8 km. (downtown)
4 hr (drive)